Events Search and Views Navigation
This innovative workshop provides an opportunity for aged care providers and generalist organisations to further explore the complex issues around Elder Abuse and/or neglect from a CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) perspective.
The session aims to assist in identifying areas to address, developing knowledge and strategies how to best respond in a culturally appropriate manner when dealing with the mistreatment of older people from CALD community groups.
This workshop is ideally suited to Managers, Staff, Generalist Organisations and Aged Care Workers in both residential and community care.Find out more »
Join the MAC team for Lunch and Learn.
Each session will involve a recent webinar, screened during lunch*.
Join us for a casual BYO lunch, with other workers and MAC staff to network, learn and discuss different topics of interest in aged care.Find out more »
Key learning outcomes include building:
- Understandings of cultural diversity, cultural competency and the palliative approach to care.
- Knowledge of CALD perspectives in the palliative care standards, approaches and resources.
- Pathways to accessing and using CALD specific resources.
- Cultural competencies in the delivery of quality person-centred palliative care informed by the current palliative care standards.
Find out more »
At the end of this workshop, the participants will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- Methodology for service providers to deliver culturally appropriate care meeting needs of older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Incontinence and its impact on individuals and their carers
- Continence care for older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- The Research project Awareness of Incontinence in Ethnic Communities
Find out more »
Dates subject to change
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!