Events Search and Views Navigation
Join the MAC team for Lunch and Learn.
Each session will involve a recent webinar, screened during lunch*.
Join us for a casual BYO lunch, with other workers and MAC staff to network, learn and discuss different topics of interest in aged care.Find out more »
During this workshop we will explore effective communication concepts and strategies, and discuss how effective communication and cultural competency intersect.Find out more »
The Inclusive Approach to Service Delivery in Aged Care workshop has been designed to assist aged care providers implement an inclusive approach to service delivery. This approach is in keeping with the Aged Care Quality Standards expectation that aged care services will be inclusive and will not discriminate.Find out more »
The Network for CALD Ageing Services (NCAS) is recommended for managers and workers in programs which provide information and aged and community care services to CALD older people. A must attend!Find out more »
Key learning outcomes include building:
- Understandings of cultural diversity, cultural competency and the palliative approach to care.
- Knowledge of CALD perspectives in the palliative care standards, approaches and resources.
- Pathways to accessing and using CALD specific resources.
- Cultural competencies in the delivery of quality person-centred palliative care informed by the current palliative care standards.
Find out more »
At the end of this workshop, the participants will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- Methodology for service providers to deliver culturally appropriate care meeting needs of older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Incontinence and its impact on individuals and their carers
- Continence care for older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- The Research project Awareness of Incontinence in Ethnic Communities
Find out more »
Dates subject to change
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!