Diversity Framework Webinar Series
Watch the webinar series
Held over the next six months, these informative and interactive webinar series will unpack all outcomes of the Diversity Framework – one by one, in a context of culturally appropriate care provision and how these can support the implementation of the Aged Care Quality Standards.
The webinars have been developed and will be hosted by Agnieszka Chudecka, Multicultural and Learning Development Manager, PICAC SA
Methodology a combination of:
- cultural intelligence (CQ) theory and MAC 4 As Model
- cultural competence – from knowledge to skills towards strategies
- hands-on examples, scenarios and activities
- a range of recommended resources available at the MAC Library to further inform your practice
Who should attend:
The webinars are addressed to senior managers and leaders from residential, home care and CHSP services. Particularly these currently working in aged care and responsible for meeting aged care quality standards.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
- increased understanding of what is culturally appropriate care in service delivery
- improved knowledge on how culturally appropriate care provision supports the implementation of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- improved knowledge on how to implement the Aged Care Diversity Framework and prepare your organisation’s Action Plans
- improved access to practical resources and tools to support the implementation of inclusion and diversity strategies.
The 6 parts in the series:
5 August (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 1: Making informed choices
26 August (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 2: Adopting systemic approaches to planning and implementation
30 September (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 3: Accessible care and support
28 October (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 4: A proactive and flexible aged care system
25 November (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 5: Respectful and inclusive services
16 December (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 6: Meeting the needs of the most vulnerable
Diversity Framework & Action Plans
Links within webinar
- Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission – Resource Library
- Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission – Self-Assessment Tool
- Inclusive Service Standards
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2011). 3412.0 – Migration, Australia, 2008-09
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2019). Data by Region.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). (2018). Older Australia at a glance
Recommended Further Reading
- Aged Care Sector Committee Diversity Sub-group. (2017). Aged Care Diversity Framework
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2017a). Census of population and housing: Australia revealed, 2016
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). (2017b). Community profiles. Advanced search
- Australian Government Department of Health. (2020). Working with diverse groups in aged care
- Multicultural Aged Care, (2019), A Guide to Best Practice Care: Supporting diversity within aged and community care
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Latest News from Multicultural Aged Care
Learn from the Lead Agency in CALD Aged and Community Care in South Australia
At Multicultural Aged Care Inc. (MAC), our primary responsibility and concern remains the safety and welfare of all members of CALD community groups and especially older people, and our staff and volunteers. In light of the current public health concerns posed by...
Channel Seven Blair Williams, Australian National University and Kim Huynh The grand final of Plate of Origin will air on on Channel Seven tonight. Like other blockbuster cooking shows (think MasterChef, My Kitchen Rules), Plate of Origin is billed as a celebration of...
Shutterstock Stephen Carbone, University of Melbourne Despite the incremental easing of Victoria’s restrictions, it’s clear the journey towards COVID-normal is far slower than many people had hoped. Australians – particularly Victorians – have shown remarkable...