Commonwealth Home Support Program Sector Support
The MAC CHSP funding service agreement focuses on:
- the development of the community aged care system in a way that meets the aims of the programme and the broader aged care system, and
- a range of activities that are designed to support, develop and build the capacity of the service system and the sector.
The objectives of the MAC CHSP are:
- Provide information, training and support to culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) funded agencies to assist the development of understandings and implementation of the CHSP, aged care service system and sector.
- Provide education, training and support to generalist CHSP agencies to deliver CALD CHSP programmes to increase their capacity to deliver culturally appropriate services to older people from CALD backgrounds.
- Provide sector networking opportunities to:
a. CALD CSHP funded agencies
b. Generalist Agencies funded to deliver CALD CHSP services
c. Generalist Agencies providing aged care services
The activities of MAC include:
- Providing tailored information and training sessions on the CHSP including wellness, reablement and restorative approaches.
- Providing one on one targeted training and support tailored to the individual CALD agency’s size and CHSP service types to support their service delivery competencies in line with services to be delivered.
- Developing, Maintaining and Providing service development resources to meet training and information needs to the CALD CHSP workforce to be better equipped to understand the aged care service systems and implement appropriate processes and strategies to enable better understanding and delivery of services to older CALD persons
- Delivering information, training and support to generalist agencies on the needs of cultural groups and the delivery of culturally appropriate care improving the agencies’ service capacity to implement culturally appropriate CHSP services for older people from CALD backgrounds.
- Organising and facilitating sector network forums.
Latest CHSP News
Workforce vaccination data reported by all Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) providers via the My Aged Care portal is now available on the department's website. The public reporting lists each CHSP provider and reports on the percentage of workers ‘partially...
Home care providers can apply for grant funding in 2021-22 through the Home Care Packages Program COVID-19 Vaccination Support Grant (Grant). The Grant provides additional financial support for Home Care Package (HCP) providers to increase COVID-19 vaccination of the...
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!