Due to recent government changes, responsibility for ageing and aged care has recently moved to the Department of Health from the Department of Social Services (DSS). Information about ageing and aged care is currently still available on the DSS website, and will be transferred to the Department of Health website shortly.
The latest Information for Aged Care Providers newsletter is now available and can be downloaded from the DSS website. Older issues are also available from the same page.
This issue contains information about:
- Transitional arrangements for provisionally allocated places
- Emergency management plans 2015–16
- The Aged Care Complaints Commissioner starts 1 January 2016 Compulsory reporting of assaults and unexplained absences to stay with the Department of Health
- Removal of the Rental Income Exemption from 1 January 2016
- ACAT transition to My Aged Care from February 2016
- Finalisation of transition to the new MailChimp messaging system
- Requests and enquiries
The Department of Health are also transitioning their mail delivery system and you can subscribe to this newsletter and other updates at the ‘subscribe here’ link at www.dss.gov.au/agedcareupdates