- This event has passed.
Personal Space and Time – Part 3 of Culture, Values and Attitudes webinar series
2 November 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The third in the series of 8 webinars on Culture, Values and Attitudes, this session will focus on how culture impacts on personal space and time.
Does time have the same meaning all over the world?
Perception of time is one of the most central differences that separate cultures and cultural ways of doing things. In an increasingly globalized world, understanding the various cultural attitudes and behaviours is crucial for success. These differences are part of culture and cause differences in the way people organize their time and behaviour.
The boundaries of personal space and time are NOT fixed and invariable. They vary between different people and they vary between different cultures.
- Do you have a comfortable radius of personal space around you?
- How do different relationships affect this radius?
- Are these boundaries fixed or variable?
- How does time determine your personal space?
- Why and how does personal space protect us?
- What are some parameters of personal space within a work environment?
- What are the different cultural perspectives associated with personal space?
- How culture affects perceptions of time?
- What does time, punctuality and deadlines mean to you?
- Anticipate the CALD concepts and meanings of culturally appropriate services
- Acquire CALD understandings about culturally appropriate care
- Apply evidence- and resource-based strategies to improve better practice CALD models of culturally appropriate care planning and provision
- Improve awareness and understandings of CQ, cultural competency, culturally appropriate care
- Develop processes and better practice processes for culturally appropriate care delivery
- Improved capacity to deliver culturally appropriate care targeting CALD specific needs, expectations, and understandings of aged care
- Improved access to information and resources on CQ, cultural competency, culturally appropriate care and CALD perspectives
Who should attend:
The webinars are addressed to senior managers and leaders from residential, home care and CHSP services. Particularly these currently working in aged care and responsible for meeting aged care quality standards, responsible for assessments/reassessments, care planning and delivery. Lifestyle staff may also find useful strategies and information there.
Facilitated by Vicki Kanakaris
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Bookings: Must be made prior to the workshop online. (Please note no telephone bookings will be accepted.)
Course cancellations: Multicultural Aged Care reserves the right to cancel events if sufficient numbers are not achieved. In the case of a cancellation by Multicultural Aged Care all registration fees will be refunded in full.
Registration transfer or cancellation: Notification of cancellation or transfer of registration must be provided in writing either by fax 8352 1266 or email email@example.com. No refund is available for any cancellations/transfers received 48 hours or less prior to the start date or for non-attendance. A substitute delegate or a credit transfer is welcome. Please notify Multicultural Aged Care in writing of any substitution or credit transfer as soon as possible.
DISCLAIMER: The advice and views of speakers and the content of presentations are entirely and exclusively the views of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Multicultural Aged Care Inc. Multicultural Aged Care Inc. disclaims all liability in relation to actions taken in response to information presented by speakers.