- This event has passed.
Diversity Framework Action Plan for Aged Care Providers – Outcome for Consumers 3: Accessible care and support
30 September 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Held over the next six months, these informative and interactive webinar series will unpack all outcomes of the Diversity Framework – one by one, in a context of culturally appropriate care provision and how these can support the implementation of the Aged Care Quality Standards.
The webinars have been developed and will be hosted by Agnieszka Chudecka, Multicultural and Learning Development Manager, PICAC SA
Methodology a combination of:
- cultural intelligence (CQ) theory and MAC 4 As Model
- cultural competence – from knowledge to skills towards strategies
- hands-on examples, scenarios and activities
- a range of recommended resources available at the MAC Library to further inform your practice
Who should attend:
The webinars are addressed to senior managers and leaders from residential, home care and CHSP services. Particularly these currently working in aged care and responsible for meeting aged care quality standards.
Anticipated learning outcomes:
- increased understanding of what is culturally appropriate care in service delivery
- improved knowledge on how culturally appropriate care provision supports the implementation of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- improved knowledge on how to implement the Aged Care Diversity Framework and prepare your organisation’s Action Plans
- improved access to practical resources and tools to support the implementation of inclusion and diversity strategies.
The 6 parts in the series:
5 August (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 1: Making informed choices
26 August (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 2: Adopting systemic approaches to planning and implementation
30 September (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 3: Accessible care and support
28 October (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 4: A proactive and flexible aged care system
25 November (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 5: Respectful and inclusive services
16 December (Wednesday), 10:00am – Outcome for Consumers 6: Meeting the needs of the most vulnerable
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Bookings: Must be made prior to the workshop online. (Please note no telephone bookings will be accepted.)
Course cancellations: Multicultural Aged Care reserves the right to cancel events if sufficient numbers are not achieved. In the case of a cancellation by Multicultural Aged Care all registration fees will be refunded in full.
Registration transfer or cancellation: Notification of cancellation or transfer of registration must be provided in writing either by fax 8352 1266 or email email@example.com. No refund is available for any cancellations/transfers received 48 hours or less prior to the start date or for non-attendance. A substitute delegate or a credit transfer is welcome. Please notify Multicultural Aged Care in writing of any substitution or credit transfer as soon as possible.
DISCLAIMER: The advice and views of speakers and the content of presentations are entirely and exclusively the views of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Multicultural Aged Care Inc. Multicultural Aged Care Inc. disclaims all liability in relation to actions taken in response to information presented by speakers.