- This event has passed.
Continence Care for Older People from CALD Backgrounds
21 June 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Why should I attend this workshop?
- To increase awareness and understanding of how Continence and Incontinence are viewed across cultures
- and develop effective skills in using culturally appropriate responses
At the end of this workshop, the participants will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- Methodology for service providers to deliver culturally appropriate care meeting needs of older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Continence care for older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Incontinence and its impact on individuals and their carers
- The Research project Awareness of Incontinence in Ethnic Communities
Presented by Rosalie Donhardt, Registered Nurse, Continence Resource Centre and Agnieszka Chudecka, Manager, Multicultural Learning and Development (MLD), at Multicultural Aged Care (MAC).
Morning tea and lunch provided
Registration opens at 9:30am for a 10:00am start.
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Health.
Although funding for this information session has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Bookings: Must be made prior to the workshop online. (Please note no telephone bookings will be accepted.)
Course cancellations: Multicultural Aged Care reserves the right to cancel events if sufficient numbers are not achieved. In the case of a cancellation by Multicultural Aged Care all registration fees will be refunded in full.
Registration transfer or cancellation: Notification of cancellation or transfer of registration must be provided in writing either by fax 8352 1266 or email email@example.com. No refund is available for any cancellations/transfers received 48 hours or less prior to the start date or for non-attendance. A substitute delegate or a credit transfer is welcome. Please notify Multicultural Aged Care in writing of any substitution or credit transfer as soon as possible.
DISCLAIMER: The advice and views of speakers and the content of presentations are entirely and exclusively the views of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect the views of Multicultural Aged Care Inc. Multicultural Aged Care Inc. disclaims all liability in relation to actions taken in response to information presented by speakers.