What are the lessons learned from the coronavirus epidemic? Join us to explore examples of good practice from a range of aged care providers across Australia, and discuss their strategies in meeting the needs of culturally diverse clients. You will walk away with an overview of the successes and failures and an idea of where we are heading next as we move to a ‘new normal’.
For aged care services providers (frontline staff, team leaders and managers) who are supporting culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) seniors who live in residential aged care homes or at home.
Thursday, 2 July, 2020 @ 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM ACST
Register for the Zoom session on Thursday here.
- PICAC TAS – Facilitating the session
- PICAC NSW & ACT – Diverse needs require a diversity of responses
- PICAC NT – The impact of isolation: CALD-perspectives from residential aged care facilities (RACFs)
- PICAC SA -Evidence from two state-wide surveys: what organisations have been doing and what they have learnt so far
- PICAC VIC – Experiences from the Australian Multicultural Community Services
- PICAC WA – Organisational development for the post-COVID-19 world