On 28 June 2013, the Living Longer Living Better legislative package received Royal Assent and passed into law. This package provides for the proposed accommodation pricing and significant refurbishment arrangements due to commence on 1 July 2014.
In the media release of 2 August 2013, the Minister for Mental Health and Ageing invited comments on the draft Principles, draft Determination and draft Guidelines for Accommodation Pricing and Significant Refurbishment arrangements in residential aged care.
The revised draft Accommodation Pricing Guidelines take into consideration feedback received in April this year on an earlier draft of these Guidelines.
In relation to accommodation payments, comments are sought on the:
- Exposure Draft Fees and Payments Principles 2013;
- Exposure Draft Aged Care (Maximum Accommodation Payment Amount) Determination 2013; and
- Draft Accommodation Pricing Guidelines.
In relation to the significant refurbishment of a residential aged care facility, comments are sought on the:
- Exposure Draft Subsidy Principles 2013; and
- Draft Guide to the Significant Refurbishment of Residential Aged Care Services (Significant Refurbishment Guidelines).
Comments should be emailed to FFBConsultation@health.gov.au by Tuesday, 3 September 2013.
These documents have been released for consultative purposes only. They are not intended to pre-empt the decisions of an incoming government.