27-30 June 2013 saw representatives from all of the PICAC Partners across Australia speaking on National Leadership in Better Practice CALD Aged and Community Care, at the 2nd International Conference on Ageing in a Foreign Land.
MAC was represented by Rosa Colanero at the Public Lecture – A cultural lens on ageing on the Thursday afternoon, Agnieszka Chudecka chaired a session on carers, Rosa also chaired a session on Cultural Competency, Agnieszka presented with Sophie Diamandi from Working Culture on Collaborative partnerships and building capacity for cultural competency, Maria Johns participated in the PICAC discussion panel, and finally Rosa presented again with her talk on Aged Services a la CALD! Recipe or Formula?
The different PICAC Partners from interstate were also very well represented with
- Ljubica Petrov, PICAC VIC, Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing – Ageing in Australia: The Immigrant Experience
- Francine Snadden, Amar Varsani (presenter), Multicultural Aged Care Services PICAC, Independently Living Centre of Western Australia – Reaching communities through program collaboration
- Thana Roysmith and Silvia Borges, Diversicare, PICAC QLD – Meeting the food needs of Queensland’s CALD aged population
A PICAC Partners panel discussion was also held focusing on Showcasing National Leadership in Better Practice CALD Aged and Community Care. This was chaired by Ljubica Petrov, and panel members included:
- Amar Varsani , Multicultural Aged Care Services PICAC, Independently Living Centre of Western Australia
- Silvia Borges, Diversicare, Queensland PICAC
- Hans Schmid, PICAC TAS, Migrant Resource Centre (Southern Tasmania)
- Melise Eriksson, PICAC NSW/ACT
- Lina Paselli, PICAC NT, COTA NT (video)
- Maria Johns, PICAC SA, MAC
Download the papers presented at the conference below