The Multicultural Grants program is an initiative of the South Australian Government designed to help multicultural and ethnic organisations to celebrate, showcase and support their cultures and communities.
Applications are assessed five times throughout the year, with funds disbursed from October, December, March, May and July.
Funding guidelines are available from the MSA website: http://www.multicultural.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/12682/DCSI-616-MSA-grant-fund-guidelines_2014_FA.pdf
Activities that will not be funded
- food and drink
- retrospective funding for any function or service
- volunteer honorariums and petrol expenses
- continuing social and club activities for which members’ subscriptions provide a more appropriate source of revenue
- continuing costs of newsletters, magazines and radio stations
- projects that duplicate existing services available to the community
- participation in interstate events
- salaries/wages, except for up to 50 per cent for those associated with major projects and events or a major community development grant
- religious or political activities
- prizes or competitions
- English language/English conversation classes.
For further information about the Multicultural Grants program please contact the Grants Team on 1300 239 468 or visit the website http://www.multicultural.sa.gov.au/grants