MAC - Respecting Diversity in Ageing
Multicultural Aged Care was founded in 1993 as ‘The Association of Ethnic Organisations for Aged Care’ (AEOAC). The AEOAC advised on policy and funding of culturally appropriate aged care, developed models of service delivery and delivered resources and advice to aged care providers.
Renamed as MAC, the organisation began delivering professional development training, expanded its aged care resources into a library and continued to advocate for culturally appropriate care in public, government and business spaces.
Recently MAC has further expanded into service delivery through Cafe94 and the mobile library.
Today MAC has four main functions:
- To strengthen and support groups in their operations and delivery of aged care services
- To provide resources and training focusing on the aged care sector
- To deliver aged care services through our 7 social support group programs
- To advocate for and inform the community, governments and businesses about culturally appropriate aged care.
MAC is funded as part of the Partners in Culturally Appropriate Care (PICAC) and Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP).
That older people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds will lead the lifestyle of their choice.
Multicultural Aged Care’s Mission is to:
- Strengthen culturally and linguistically diverse community groups’ capacity to develop and support the aged and community care needs of their older people.
- Support and assist service providers to deliver to older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds the services of their choice.
- Advise governments, peak bodies and mainstream organisations on the aged and community care needs of older people in CALD communities.
The Multicultural Aged Care Strategic Plan 2018-2023 is available for download.
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Latest News from Multicultural Aged Care
Learn from the Lead Agency in CALD Aged and Community Care in South Australia
Looking for Lucky packets or some lanterns to decorate for Lunar New Year? The MAC Library has both resources available for loan and decorating kits and lucky packets for sale. Download the order form to find out more.
The MAC Office will be closed from 14 December 2018 and will reopen on 14 January 2019. The MAC Staff and Board of Management would like to wish you a joyous festive season, and hope that it is filled peace, love, and laughter.
9 November @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm MAC Library, 94 Henley Beach Road Mile End, 5031 Australia Join the MAC team for Lunch and Learn. Join us for a casual lunch, with other workers and MAC staff to network, learn and discuss different topics of interest in aged care....